Anders used to do a monthly blog post called Links During Month. He has not done one for a while and so I thought that I would have a go to summarise all the new stuff for one month. I can see why he gave it up. It is quite time consuming!
The big news is that R2 is finally available. even though it went RTM in May. Although it did take a few days before it was available at all the download sites.
Could the delay in posting be due to the other July news that the OpsMgr licensing has changed. Again! Microsoft’s financial year starts on 1st July. Coincidence? See Emma’s posts on the changes from 1st July and about transitioning existing SC suite licences to the new version.
TechNet Virtual Labs available
- R2 Intro
- R2 Advanced
- Monitor Windows 2008, SQL 2008 and Exchange 2007
- MP Authoring for IT Pros Intro
- MP Authoring for IT Pros Advanced
Management Pack University is a training course aimed at developers working on building management packs for System Center Operations Manager 2007. These training videos walk you through the full process of development of a management pack.
- Cameron Fuller sample MP to alert on servers that have not been activated
- Raphael Burri – Scheduled Task MP (Version 126.96.36.199)
- SQL Management Pack (v6.0.6648.0)
- ISA 2006 Management Pack (v6.0.6648.0)
- Windows 2003 and 2008 Group Policy (v6.0.6648.0)
- Windows HPC Server 2008 (v2.1.1704.0)
- BridgeWays Management Pack for VMware ESX
- OpsManJam for SCCM OSD, Extended II3 2003, Extended Windows Server OS and Extended AD management packs
- - Operations Manager 2007 R2 Connector for IBM Tivoli Enterprise Management Console
- - Operations Manager 2007 R2 Connector for HP Operations Manager (formerly HP OpenView Operations)
- - Operations Manager 2007 R2 Connector for BMC Remedy Action Request System (ARS)
- - Operations Manager 2007 R2 Universal Connector
Jalasoft – NetIQ Aegis Adapter
Community connector – Nagios
GreenMachine R2 updated.
As an added bonus Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server R2 RTMed but availability will not be until August.
And finally Brad Anderson who took over the System Center Management Division a couple of years ago must be doing well as he has been promoted.