SolarWinds free Exchange Monitor
Saw this at 4Sysops
Nothing to do with SCOM but it does provide monitoring. Reminds me of Quest Spotlight. By the Quest do some free tools including Spotlight for Windows – http://www.quest.com/free-tools/.
SolarWinds Exchange Monitor is small and neat but it can only point to one server at a time and it does not remember the servers so you have to type in the name each time. You can configure the thresholds but it is only one set. So if you have a set for BE servers and another for FE servers then you can only have one set. But it does a nice “at a glance” view of services, mail queues, CPU utilisation and disk space. It only does Exchange 2000 and 2003. It is an 8.4 MB download.
This free desktop dashboard continuously monitors Microsoft® Exchange servers to deliver real-time insight into Exchange services, mail queue sizes, and host server health. With Exchange Monitor at your fingertips, you’ll be able to track Exchange health at-a-glance and ensure this mission-critical app never fails you.
SolarWinds free Exchange Monitor makes it easy to:
- Quickly identify and troubleshoot Exchange server problems, preventing email delays and calendaring issues
- Spot growing mail queues that can indicate bigger issues, like transport failures, Internet connection failures, and virus activity
- Leverage out-of-the-box settings based on best practices to start monitoring Exchange immediately
- Prevent performance issues before they impact users with built-in red, yellow, and green health indicators
- Monitor critical server health indicators, including disk space, CPU utilization, and memory utilization, to ensure optimal hardware functionality
Quest Spotlight on Exchange
SCOM 2007 Exchange Computer view shows state of components.
In SCOM you can create your own performance views in dashboards. As many as you like. Here is a 4 pane dashboard for an Exchange server.